Namdaran Petrogas Industries Insulating Joint (IJ) is a high-resistance fitting used to electrically isolate sections of a pipeline to improve the effectiveness of cathodic protection systems and to reduce groundloop currents. Unlike insulating flanges or flange kits that are field assembled and tested, the IJ is factory assembled, electrically tested at different stages of manufacturing, and hydrostatically tested. The IJ is provided by extension nipples that match the pipeline wall and grade and are long enough to eliminate any possibility of thermal damage to the IJ during field welding.
- Pipes, e.g. in accordance with DIN, API, ASTM and other standards
- Seamless rings made of forged material depending upon requirements and design calculations
- Seals of aging-resistant material, Viton, NBR, HNBR, EPDM and other materials
- Insulating materials made of tried and tested materials with application-specific properties
- Size: From 6 ” up to 56”
- Rating : Class 150 # up to 2500 #
Electric & Dielectric Test
a) D.C. Resistance test (Megger Test) Each insulating joint will be megger tested with 1000 V( D.C) . Minimum resistance will be 60 Mega ohms.
b) Dielectric strength test Each insulating joint will also be dielectric tested at 5000 V (A.C, 50 Hz ) for 1 minute. Maximum allowable leakage is 5 mill amperes on size up to 24 inch nominal pipe size and 10 milliamperes on size 30 inch and larger nominal pipe size.